Rules of Play
An imaginative children’s playground at heart
At Bury Lane Fun Barn we know that sometimes a few helpful guidelines can make all the difference to guarantee a fantastic family trip, so please read our five recommendations and our Terms & Conditions below to help you get the most out of the Fun Barn
Rules of Play
Bury Lane Fun Barn is all about having fun with your kids and relaxing whilst they have fun, so please do enjoy our sofas, treat yourself to a coffee and make the most of it.
Your children are your responsibility – whilst there are always staff on hand in the cafe and around the Barn to help, it is your job to make sure that your children are where they need to be and playing safely.
Socks must be worn at all times by children and adults using the play equipment and no shoes are allowed in the play areas. Our slides are fast so friction burns can happen; to help avoid this, we recommend that parents make sure their childrens’ arms and legs are covered before using the slides and play area.
4. Contact Us
We know how much goes into planning an outing with the kids and that the smoother it goes, the happier everyone is. So, please do call or email us with any questions (or just drop in to the Fun Barn when shopping at Bury Lane Farm Shop) to make sure you have the info you need.
5. Take Care
We’re all about fun times to remember. Please encourage your children to consider the enjoyment of others they are playing with and share – aggressive behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated and may result in guests being asked to leave immediately.
Sensory Room Rules of Play
The Sensory Room is for babies under 2 years old or children with additional needs under 10 years old.
You must be prepared to show a local authority additional needs card or similar.
Please note, if there is only one adult with a baby or additional needs child plus another child/children aged 2 years and over, wanting to use the main soft play, regrettably you will not be able to use the Sensory Room as children cannot be left unattended in either area.
Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
- Socks must be worn at all times by children and adults using the play equipment and no shoes are allowed in the play areas. We do have socks for sale if you forget yours.
- All adults must be accompanied by at least one child or part of a group attending with children.
- All children must be supervised by an adult aged over 18; it is that adult’s responsibility to ensure the welfare and location of the child. Bury Lane staff will monitor the safety of the area and supervise first aid facilities but not the children themselves.
- No food, drink or chewing gum to be taken into the play area. Only food and drink purchased in the Fun Barn cafe may be consumed in the Fun Barn.
- Only goods which have already been paid for in the Farm Shop may be brought into the Fun Barn (however please note that food/drink bought in the Farm Shop may not be consumed inside the Fun Barn). If you’d like to spend time in the Farm Shop then please do so either after you and your family have enjoyed the Fun Barn or whilst another known parent / guardian is watching your children play…and if you would like us to help with anything at all, please just ask!
- Height and age restrictions are in place for everyone’s safety and will be enforced by Bury Lane staff where necessary, the upper age limit for children is 10 years old and the maximum height limit is 1.6 metres tall.
- As it is a soft play area please remove sharp objects such as watches, jewellery and belt buckles to help ensure the safety of your children and our equipment.
- Personal belongings are the responsibility of the parent/guardian and must not be taken into the play area. Bury Lane cannot accept liability for theft or loss.
- Children who are not feeling well are not allowed to use the play equipment.
Large Groups & Children's Party Terms & Conditions
- The Adult:Child ratio is 1:6 at all times (this does not include staff and it is the responsibility of the party organiser to make sure this ratio is maintained).
- A minimum number of 10 children is required for parties at peak times.
- A non-refundable deposit representing 50% of the party cost is required at the time of booking.
- A full list of guest names and the party food choices will need to be returned to us one week before the party date.
- The remaining balance will need to be paid the Monday/Tuesday before the party date when the number of children attending has been confirmed. The balance payable will be amended according to the numbers confirmed.
- If the number of children attending on the day is different to that given on the day of the final payment, the following will take place:
- If the number of children is less than the final figure given, no refund will be offered, however other children can be substituted in.
- If the number of children increases on the day, any children not on the Party Guest List or who are accompanying siblings, will be required to pay the entry fee. If they would like to eat with the other children, food will need to be purchased separately from the counter
- Parties will last for a maximum of two hours. At the end of your party you will be asked to leave your room promptly to allow for it to be cleared, cleaned and prepared for the next party.
- Our slides are fast and friction burns can occur, we advise parents to make sure their children have covered arms and legs.
- In the event of the birthday child being sick and unable to attend or adverse weather, the party can be rescheduled free of charge to another available date. No refunds will be given unless Bury Lane Fun Barn is unable to open.
- Your party host is here to greet you, discuss when you would like food, confirm whether you would like the mascot to present the birthday cake or whether you would like to do it yourself, arrange the food on the table and cut & wrap your cake if required.